- McMaster Home
- Using the Libraries
- Faculty Support
Request an Information Literacy (Research Skills) Class
We offer course-related and course-integrated instruction on how to find, evaluate and use information effectively and ethically. To request an information literacy class with a librarian, please complete and submit the form below.
- Students learn and retain most when they have a need to know. Library instruction is ideally offered to students who are about to conduct research that involves the use of library and other information resources. For this reason, please consider scheduling the session close to the time when students will begin their research.
- Please ensure that students have received their assignment prior to coming to the library, and that a copy is sent to the librarian assigned to teach the class.
- Instructors are strongly encouraged to attend each course-related instruction session. Your presence motivates the students to become more engaged in the learning experience, and encourages a supportive and collaborative teaching environment. Should questions arise, your presence at these sessions provides an invaluable opportunity for students to receive clarification and direction in conducting their research.
- Bookings are made on a first-come, first-served basis; the earlier you request a session, the greater the likelihood we can accommodate your request; two weeks notice is preferred.
- You will be contacted by phone or email, within 3 working days, to confirm your request.
- Please wait for phone or email confirmation before announcing this session to your class.